Coronavirus / COVID-19
Update as of 3/26/20
Dear Families of Kid’s Haven,
We wanted to touch base with you in regards to the “Shelter In” order that was put in place effective March 27th. Kid’s Haven will remain open during this time frame. We want to ensure we have our qualified staff here to serve the children during this time. If your child has currently been attending and their schedule will be changing please respond to this message. We are extending suspension on enrollment until May 4th. Please, feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. Stay safe and healthy!
Update as of 3/15/20
We are planning on continuing to be open through this time. We know what a difficult position this puts families in our community in. Some business’s are allowing their staff to work from home while other companies are not able to operate that way… including Kid’s Haven. With that being said; here is what Kid’s Haven is planning to do to help everyone in our Kid’s Haven community as well as others in our community.
- We are opening our doors to others in the community that do not have care and need to go to work during this period of time. If you know someone who doesn’t have adequate care for their children, please tell them they are welcome to bring their children to Kid’s Haven. During this national state of emergency, these families are welcome to enroll online, print and bring in the enrollment papers along with their children. We will be happy to welcome them. They will have to pay the $50.00 registration fee but we will give them a credit on their first statement to help families during this difficult time.
- If you are currently on a weekly rate and are asked to work from home and would like to change to an hourly rate during this time, you are welcome to do so. You must fill out a form in the office so that we can change this within our billing system and fill out another form when you want to change back.
- If you would like to suspend your enrollment but want to save your spot; we are willing to do so until April 27th. Please let us know in the office if this is your plan.
- If you are planning on changing your child’s schedule from their normal schedule, please email their teacher so that they can plan accordingly.
Please read below our exclusion policy for sick children…
- A fever over 100 degrees axillary before fever reducing medication.
- Requires more care than the program staff can provide.
- Not able to participate in child care program activities.
- If your child is diagnosed with coronavirus, please notify us as soon as possible and we will follow the recommendations from the department of health.
In closing, we want you all to feel confident that everyone at Kid’s Haven is taking the care and safety of the children here very seriously. We would also like to add that the Governor is encouraging child care centers to remain open so people can continue to work.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We look forward to the coronavirus being something of the past.