BEHAVIOR GUIDANCE PLAN
Our staff will model acceptable behavior at all times. We will also reward desirable behavior. The following methods will be used to approach a behavior problem:
- Talking to the child.
- Redirecting the child.
- Temporary "time-out" within the classroom.
- Remove toys or privileges.
- Separation. (removal of the child to a supervised area) Appropriate time for the age of the child not to exceed 10 minutes.
The following will not be used to approach a behavior problem:
- No child will be handled roughly.
- No child will be hit in any way.
- No child will be separated without supervision.
- No child will be humiliated, shamed, or labeled.
- No child will be punished for lapses in toilet training.
- No child will be denied food.
- Discipline shall not be delegated to another child.